Our day service is located within the beautiful surroundings of Tapton Hall. A warm welcome awaits you; we offer a personalised service for older people who enjoy the independence of living in their own home, but may want company and support during the day, and the opportunity to meet other people in the community.
Our aim is to help you to remain active and independent. We provide a friendly environment where you can relax, socialise and enjoy yourself whilst boosting your confidence and developing your skills through stimulating activities.
We understand that the level of support needed by each person is different which is why we treat everyone as an individual. Our staff are carefully recruited and trained to make sure we deliver a high quality service.
What we offer:
We can support up to 20 people each day and offer a variety of activities to suit every need.
We are currently offering a free four-hour taster session to all first time visitors. Please contact the day service to book your free session.
- Art and craft groups either for recreation or therapy
- Physical activities including yoga, dancing and tai chi
- Games that help co-ordination skills such as Wii and table football
- Films, music and computer skills.
Food and drink:
Tasty refreshments are offered throughout the day including tea, coffee, homemade cakes and soft drinks.
Health and nutritious meals are provided. We can cater for your specific dietary needs as well as assist you with eating and drinking, if required.
Can this service support you?
- The service supports the Masonic community, however, places are available to everybody.
- If you would like to attend, please contact us and we will arrange to meet you at your home or at Tapton Hall to learn more about you, your needs and interests to ensure that our service is right for you.
- We can support people with mobility problems and people with a dementia or memory loss problems. Our staff are able to assist people with their personal care needs. However, we are not able to support people who need hoist assistance.
- Our service can be paid for privately or with local authority funding including personal budgets.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to join our Day Service. Anyone can make a referral; we would be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
Our service will be available from Monday, 7 November 2016:
Monday - Friday
9.30am - 4pm
How to find us:
For more information or to book a session please contact:
Radoslawa Michalewicz, Day Service Manager
T: 0114 2661391