Our day service is for older people who enjoy the independence of living in their own home, but may want company and support during the day, and the opportunity to meet people in the community.
Our aim is to help you remain active and independent. We provide a friendly environment where you can relax, socialise and enjoy yourself whilst boosting your confidence and developing your skills through stimulating activities.
Our staff can support people with a dementia of any kind and at any stage. They can also help people with mobility needs and are trained to assist visitors with their personal care. An accessible wet room and hair dressing salon is available at an additional cost for visitors who wish to take a shower or have a haircut.
Our service is available to everyone, with or without a Masonic connection.
We are currently offering a free four-hour taster session to all first time visitors. Please contact the day service to book your free session.
- Art and craft groups either for recreation or therapy
- Physical activities including yoga, dancing and tai chi
- Gardening, including keeping chickens and growing vegetables
- Daily skills, for example cooking
- Games that help co-ordination skills such as Wii and table football
- Films, music and computer skills
Healthy and nutritious meals are provided and we can cater for your specific dietary needs as well as assist you with eating and drinking, if required. Tasty refreshments are offered throughout the day including tea, coffee, homemade cakes and soft drinks.
- If you would like to attend, please contact us and we will arrange to meet you at your home or at Barford Court to learn more about you, your needs and interests to ensure that our service is right for you.
- Our service can be paid for privately or with local authority funding, including personal budgets.
- Anyone can make a referral, we would be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
Our Day Service is open seven days a week Monday to Friday 08:30 - 19:30 and Saturday to Sunday 10:30 - 16:00.
For more information or to book a session please contact Barford Court on 01273 777736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org