Do you define your wellbeing as being able to maintain relationships with family and friends? Is it being able to stay mobile and visit places of interest within the local community? Or, is it feeling safe in the knowledge that your feelings and wishes are valued and you have choice and control over how you live your life and the level of support you receive?
There is also no single definition of wellbeing. Everyone can, and should, interpret this differently, depending on their circumstances and priorities. Wellbeing can relate to preventative measures; how we avoid declining health and cognitive function, or to strengthen coping mechanisms. But it can also mean living well, or ageing well and not becoming dependent on care and support services.
Our wellbeing principles, which, along with our values, form the framework for how we provide your care and support, are:
- Promoting your personal dignity (and treating you with respect).
- Being empathetic to your physical, mental and emotional state.
- Keeping you safe from abuse and harm.
- Helping you to feel and stay in control of your day-to-day life, including any care and support provided.
- Recognising and encouraging your career background, educational training and recreational opportunities.
- Understanding your social and economic circumstances.
- Facilitating your domestic, family and personal relationships.
- Providing suitability of accommodation, and
- Enhancing your contribution to society.
We believe that all of these factors are equally important.
At RMBI Care Co. we aim to understand the goals and outcomes that are important for our residents to work towards. The care and support we provide is tailored to enable you to achieve these goals.
Ultimately, wellbeing is personal to each individual, and only through understanding what truly matters to you, can we support you to live your best life, whilst in our care.